Who's Online

HTML Widget

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tiran Lyra
Kiralandrah
Captain
Number One

re: Expansions and grouping up for content

In both games that are represented on this website we are currently (or soon, as in tomorrow) enjoying new expansions.

The latest expansion on Star Trek Online is called "Delta Rising"

STO Delta Rising

It is the 2nd expansion of Star Trek Online and was released on October 14, 2014.

Story content of Delta Rising takes place in the Delta Quadrant, exploring the effects of the journey of USS Voyager through the region more than 30 years earlier.

The expansion only explores a small part of the Quadrant, namely the region Voyager explored after it crossed the Nekrit Expanse. We see a lot of familiar faces and races and it promises to be a very interesting expansion. Level Cap got raised to Level 60. We are now dealing with Mk XIII gear (I don't have a single item yet, but I'm still leveling) and the ships have now been released up to Tier 6.

Existing Tier 5 ships are upgradable via a 700 zen fee for one upgrade or 2000 zen for a pack of 4 upgrades, to a Tier 5U ship that provides increased stats, but not the special abilities and intelligence officer seat provided by Tier 6 ships. The only tier 5 ships ineligible for upgrade will be free ships, Mirror ships, ships bought with pureFleet Credits and ships earned through missions. (source: STO Wiki)

There are new (additional!) skill trees (Captain Specializations) and something called Starship Mastery. Each tier 5-U or tier 6 starship a character is flying has its own "levels", called Mastery. Starship Mastery progresses as a character earns skill points while using a specific ship. Levels 1-4 each unlock an automatically activated passive bonus which is only active while flying that specific ship. The bonuses are specific for each ship type. Upon reaching level five, which only tier 6 ships can, a starship trait is unlocked. Different ships unlock different traits. Once a trait is slotted, it is active for the entire character, therefore also while flying any other ship, even a non-tier 6 one. (source: STO Wiki)

Join the discussion thread on Delta Rising, posted by Elisabeth (aka "Torressia") to discuss the latest expansion and share your experience!

Currently we also enjoy the Mirror Event (there is also a post out specifically for that topic) - it would be nice to get some fleet groups together before the event is over. I'm also hoping for STFs together as soon as we have reached the new level cap.

Not only Star Trek Online goes through some exciting times at the moment, there is also a lot of new stuff to be experienced in World of Warcraft. The expansion will hit in only a few hours (!), tomorrow (Nov. 13th, 2014) the new expansion "Warlords of Draenor" will be upon us. It promises to be interesting, I'm very curious about the Lore part of it all and to explore the "old" Draenor.

WOD

The expansion is set after the events of Mists of Pandaria and takes place on the world of Draenor, the original homeworld of the orcs, prior to its destruction and the creation of Outland. Legendary characters of Warcraft's past, such as Grom Hellscream, Ner'zhul and Blackhand, will appear.

At the end of MoP, Garrosh Hellscream is overthrown as Warchief of the Horde by the combined Alliance-Horde forces and taken into custody by Taran Zhu so that he can stand trial for the atrocities he committed in Pandaria. (Argh, seriously, after all he has done it's custody for him? He made me such an unhappy Tauren! My RP chars stayed away from Orgrimmar for more than one expansion!)

However, before he can be judged, Garrosh escapes captivity (surprise, surprise!) and, with the aid of a mysterious ally, travels back in time to the orcish homeworld of Draenor prior to the rise of the Horde. He creates an alternate timeline by preventing the orcish clans from drinking the blood of the demon lord Mannoroth, which led to their corruption by the Burning Legion and played a major role in the events of the first three games. The clans unite into an "Iron Horde", using technology Garrosh brought from his time (I smell the violation of the Temporal Prime Directive here, where is the Federation Department of Temporal Investigations when you need them?!), and begin a war of conquest on Draenor, building a Dark Portal hat would allow them to travel through time and lay siege to Azeroth of the present era.

Next to new zones and new quests and a new level cap of 100, but also introduce "Garrisons". A garrison is a new feature to to be introduced with the WoD expansion.  Players build a base that can be located in any zone on Draenor. Followers of the base can go on missions and earn epic gear and get limited access to professions via followers. The facilities are customizable and may include gathering areas. Garrisons can be moved after being created. There will be a sub-area to show off monuments and trophies.

(source: WoW Wiki)

I for one am really curious about the garrisons and I'm also looking forward to exploring the new content with the guild. I hope to form dungeon groups in the days to come, although I'm aware we will have to wait a little bit until we all have our WoD copies at home.

It's a great time to play both games and I'm looking forward to chat, explore and group up ingame. Please install vent if you haven't done so (infos in the forums) so we can group up more effectively and stay in touch.

Enjoy your time and see you ingame! Live long and prosper! For the Earthmother! ;)

photo rikerchase.gif

Torressia
Commander
Lieutenant

re: Expansions and grouping up for content

Thanks for the summary. I'd love to do some guild Mirrors :) Wow has to wait though, haven't even bought the expansion yet.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: